BAMM is excited to announce we re-opened to the public on Monday 1 June 2020 with the Archibald Prize and Moree Young Archies! Experience all 51 Finalists of the Archibald Prize.
The Archibald Prize visits Moree once every 9 years due to high demand and is the perfect excuse to get out and support our region’s art scene.
Awarded to the best painting of a notable Australian, the Archibald Prize is a who's who of Australian culture, from politicians to celebrities, sporting heroes to artists.
Vote for your People's Choice and go in the draw to win $500 courtesy of ANZ.
Plans for our reopening will focus on the health and safety of everyone at BAMM.
What you need to know before you visit:
- From 1 June BAMM will reopen to limited numbers of visitors during normal operating hours.
- Entry will be $5 for adult with cashless entry, eftpos available, Under 18s free.
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- There are presently no tours or events.
What BAMM is doing to keep everyone safe:
- Visitors will be asked to attend the front desk when arriving to register their details with a staff member, sanitise their hands and vote for the Archibald Prize People’s Choice when leaving.
- We’re encouraging everyone to practice good hand hygiene whilst on site.
- Floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances.
- The lift is temporarily closed for maintenance and the stairway handrails are being regularly wiped down.
- Enhanced cleaning with disinfectants.
Sponsorship is still available!
‘Sponsor an Artwork’ for as little as $150 to have your name or business promoted online and at BAMM between March – July 2020 at BAMM.
Choose between 52 portraiture artworks by Australia’s leading artists and have your name displayed beside the chosen artwork onsite and promoted online during the Archibald Prize at BAMM.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to have your brand associated with the biggest event of the season and support your local regional gallery during a time of uncertainty.
Please contact staff if interested.
*Due to ANZ Sponsorship of the Archibald Prize Regional Tour, any organisations providing Retail Banking Services in Australia are unable to participate in this sponsorship program.
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
JW Smith Pastoral, James & Christina Smith
Moree Custom Framing
AK Bellinger Gallery
Mr & Mrs Jim Simpson
Susannah and Oscar Pearse
Dr Alicia Cox
Moree Physiotherapy Centre (Tina Clyne)
Mr & Mrs Hugh Livingston
Rhodes Kildea Lawyers
Sally Tomkins, Instagram: SallyTomkinsArt
C & W Financial Services